Thursday, May 17, 2007

Back in the city...

I arrived in Lima earlier today after a 15 hour bus ride from Abancay... it was pretty good, I managed to sleep through the night. Tomorrow I will go to Migraciones to get my carnet (Peruvian ID card for foreigners... all I know is that I need a carnet to be able to leave the country and also to open a bank account) and hang around in the big city until Wednesday.

Couple of things of my 'To Do' list:
- catch up with some missos, mks and friends here in Lima
- check out a language school for later on the year
- go visit Ruy (Diana and Javier's older brother who is studying here in Lima) and other relatives of my Abancay family
- buy some baby toys and clothes for Silvia (baby toys are almost non-existent in Abancay...)
- sort out how to get to Bolivia... I'm going to La Paz to see some SIM ministries with a short-termer in Abancay who needs to leave the country
- go to the movies
- go have Thai food
- go have gelato
- go to the beach (more like, go look at the ocean)
- go shopping (more like window shopping...!)

The main part of this trip is to officially become a Peruvian resident and get the card that goes with it, but the stuff that comes with being in the city is a bonus. I love Abancay and while I don't think I want to live in Lima... it's cool to be able to visit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura T said...

Mmmm....gelato...

Friday, May 18, 2007 5:01:00 pm  
Blogger fayfay said...

MMmm....ocean looking....hehehe

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:12:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home