Friday, March 30, 2007

Finally... in Abancay!!

The last 4 days in Lima have been really fun. Here's a photo of some of the friends I hang out with in Lima - Yelly, Fiorella and their mum Mariana. I lived with the family and used to go to church and cell group with the girls, so it's been fun to spend time with them.
It feels like it's been quite an easy transition into Peru, it all feels quite normal...catching combis, getting squished, being very security conscious, getting lost, people staring, not flushing toilet paper down the toilet and eating Peruvian food (no guinea pig or purple corn just yet).
On Wednesday, I went to Interpol... to get fingerprints taken and have a dental check. I think this is all so that I can get a Peruvian residency and an ID card.
Then on Thursday afternoon, I caught the bus to Abancay and arrived this morning with my 2 rather heavy bags and a backpack. It ended up being a 15 hour trip (not 18 as I had thought) and I didn't feel sick until the last 2 hours of winding up and down the mountains. So now I'm here!! I'm staying with Jeff and Stacey until I move in with the Peruvian family, they came to pick me up and I had a shower and then we went to the Abancay team meeting where I got to meet everyone. That was cool. It's a bit surreal...I can't believe I'm here!!! I thought you'd like a photo, so I just went out to the balcony and took this.
I'm living in the Andes... how awesome is that?!
Pray that I will settle into life in Abancay. I will move to live with a Peruvian family just after Easter and start Spanish with some language helpers soon too.

6 Comments:

Blogger -bw said...

I'm living in the Andes... how awesome is that?!

way awesome!!

praying for you...

Saturday, March 31, 2007 10:05:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prilz!!!

Thousands of kilometres above sea level in the Andes - Way Cool!!

Are you moving in with your peruvian family straights away?

Pls send a picture of them soon!

Sunday, April 01, 2007 1:45:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Prilz, just got back from Grace Retreat weekend away. Good to get all the news on how God's been taking care of you as you carry on his work there!

Be encouraged lots of people are praying for you.. and we will try to keep Nat out of trouble as well. =P

Sunday, April 01, 2007 3:41:00 am  
Blogger Princess J said...

Great to chat the other night.. we are praying for YAH!! sounds like you are having an awesome time... hope language school goes well

Sunday, April 01, 2007 8:04:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey prilz,

wow, it all sounds like a really good and smooth transition! blogs are such a cool thing, thanx 4 keeping us up to date! love the view from your balcony - MOUNTAINS... God did such a great job creating them, didn't he?!? Hope everything goes well with moving in with your Peruvian family, I'll be praying for you!

We've just come back from a greatly encouraging and intense week on Mission... it's such a blessing to be given some insight into God's work in/through another church...or in a different country like Peru, so thanks for sharing;-)

Anyway, take care - hasta luego!

Claudi from SMBC

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 1:49:00 am  
Blogger prilz said...

Thanks for your prayers!!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 4:00:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home