Monday, March 26, 2007

In Peru!!!

I've now been in Lima for 2 days and it's been AWESOME!! I arrived on Saturday night and by the time I got out of immigration and custome - it was Sunday. The Porters (Aussie family with SIM) came to pick me up and I'm staying with them until I leave for Abancay, which is really cool! Some of my friends also came to see me at the airport and we arranged to meet at church. I met Fiorella, Marc and Yelly at the Alianza Church in Lince and because I was running late... I ended up catching a taxi. Lucky I did, cos I didn't recognise the church when I got there. The service was really good - I loved being able to sing in Spanish and tried to follow the message - though that was pretty hard. We then went back to their place, had lunch and hung around catching up, mucking around, speaking Spanglish, looking at photos and watching videos of the weddings I had missed. It was heaps of fun, and just like old times when I used to live with the Arrieta family and hang out there on Sundays, even after I moved out.

Then today I went to the SIM Lima prayer meeting and met some of the new missos and caught up with some of the old ones. I've been oriented to the finance system and then I got to spend some time with Julie (short-termer from Oz here for 2 years) and that was really fun. My big achievement for the day was buying a new sim card for my mobile. YAY - I am now connected to the world again!

Praise God for:
- safe travels (for me and luggage!)
- renewed relationships

Pray for:
- my travels to Abancay by bus on Thursday
- great time catching up with missionaries and friends in Abancay

And just in case you didn't quite get it... I'M LOVING IT

9 Comments:

Blogger Trinette said...

PRILZ!!
Great to hear that you are settling in. It is a bit wierd to think that I only saw you a week ago and now you're in Peru!
I'll be praying for you mate.
Love ya! Trin

Monday, March 26, 2007 11:26:00 pm  
Blogger Mandy said...

Dear Prilz, glad to hear that you are settling in well and are loving it in Lima. We are all missing you, thinking of you and praying for you @ CBC. Hope that you will settle well in Abancay as well. Take care sis!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:29:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prilz,
Praise God for safe travels & for setting in so well! It's awesome to read you are loving being back...will be praying for safe travels to Abancay & continued encouragement & strength.

Love in the Lord,
Bonnette

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:47:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Prilzy!

How can anyone miss the big idea in your blog?!? "Prilz is loving it in Peru!" Great news sister. Look forward to journeying with you!

love,
Susana

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:29:00 pm  
Blogger fayfay said...

MM...you're loving it?! I wouldn't have guessed :P

Praying for safe travels as well as a good time of fellowship with your friends over there!

Luv ya heaps! fayfay

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:16:00 pm  
Blogger prilz said...

Hey everyone!

Thanks for keeping up with my blog, praying and leaving a comment! That's really cool!

Bonnette - it's great to hear from you!!!

Love Prilz

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:41:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya Prilz!

Glad to hear that you've arrived safe and sound :)

I think Nat's already taken over your car here! hehee

take care, mish

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:18:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Prilz,
Great to hear that you are safely there. I can't believe that your not still in Australia. Glad that your loving it hope that it continues. Your in my prayers. lots of love, Bec

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:45:00 am  
Blogger leoyt said...

Hello Prilz!
Great to hear that you've arrived safely and enjoying it. Keep writing updates to us and we'll pray for you.
Cheers. Leo

Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:02:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home