Thursday, March 22, 2007

2 more sleeps!!

It's quite funny that I still don't have my visa and I leave on Saturday. Though it has been a cool reminder that God is totally in control.

The plan was to go to pick up the visa on Monday, when I was told that my passport would have to be sent to Canberra for a signature - AND that it would take a week! My response: "Ummmm - but... I'm leaving on Saturday!" So the plan was then that they would send it straight away and I should get it by the end of the week.

So today, I called the embassy in Canberra and in trying to find out where my passport was, I found out that normally the Sydney office would issue the visa but from the beginning of this year, the person has left and the new guy doesn't come until the 28th March. If I was to pick up my visa a week later - it would have been fine!

Eventually, it was all sorted out - my passport had been signed and it has just been confirmed that it is waiting for me in Sydney. So it's all good. I wasn't really worried about it until about an hour ago when I thought - I really should call the embassy again!

So the plan is... I'll pick it up tomorrow morning! And in 2 more sleeps and lots of time in the air and in transit - I'll be in PERU!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home