Monday, February 02, 2009

Pijamada

Last week the pyjama party was postponed and this week it was on, then off, then on again... but it did happen last Friday night and it was really fun.

I had never been to a pijamada in Peru so had no idea what to expect. It was supposed to start at 7 but I was told it would be fine to get there at 8:30 and all I needed to bring was something to sleep on. Joanna, the girl who organised the pijamada, asked me to share my testimony with the girls and tell them a bit about my relationship with Luke.

So I arrived a bit after 8:30 with my sleeping bag, sleeping mat, pillow and backpack with all my personal stuff... and none of the girls had arrived. It gave me a chance to chat with Joanna, so that was great. Not long after, Cibeli and Andrea arrived and we started watching a video. The youth pastor's wife, Vilma was also there and later another girl Martha also arrived. The girls were all in high-school and part of the high school group at the church. I had met some of them before but it was good to be able to hang out with them.

Then we played games, Hide and Seek and also Twister. I thought I knew how to play Hide and Seek but I was wrong, you have to try and sneak back to base... interesting trying to run around the church with all the lights off. By the time we'd finished playing games it was 1 and then we started with the testimonies - hopefully I was able to encourage the girls through my testimony and how God has worked in my life... then we got ready for bed... must have been around 2:30ish...

I woke up at around 8:30 with itchy bites all over my body from being attacked my mosquitoes and all achy from sleeping on the floor... and realised... I'm too old for pijamadas!!!

BUT it was great getting to know the girls and to have the opportunity to share with them.

Pray for Joanna, Cibeli, Andrea and Martha - that their friendships will be stronger because of the time they spent together having fun and that they will be able to encourage one another
Praise for the opportunity to share with these girls and to get to know them a bit better

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home