Saturday, January 17, 2009

Spiritual Life Conference 2009

Every year all the missionaries from SIM Peru meets together for the annual Spiritual Life Conference. This year we went to Arequipa in the south of Peru on Monday and I got back last night.

It is always great to hear about what God is doing all around Peru. We learnt from the Servant Songs in Isaiah, prayed and praised God together and had a great time of fellowship and fun with other SIM missos from Lima, Arequipa, Abancay and Cotahuasi. (I really enjoyed catching up with the missionaries from Abancay!)

The missionaries with SIM Peru come many different countries (Switzerland, USA, Germany, Canada, Northern Ireland, South Africa, Korea, Hong Kong, Italy, England, Scotland, Austria and of course, Australia!), so Stacey and I shared about the multi-cultural team training workshops we went to last year. It went pretty well and hopefully helped people be more aware of our differences and how we can work and serve together.

The last couple of months have involved a lot of travelling. First to Arequipa in November to visit the short termers and the ministry there as part of my job as Short term Coordinator for SIM Peru and then for the multi-cultural teams training workshop in Korea. After that, Luke and I went to Sydney, HK and Minnesota to meet each other's families and then most recently I went to Arequipa again for Spiritual Life Conference.

I'm ready now to settle back into life in Lima, especially as we're getting to know a lot of the youth at El Redentor (the church we attend). Luke and I end up chatting to so many people after the service that we're starving by the time we get around to having lunch... I'm taking it as a good sign!! We've been going to youth group and a small group and I'm also hoping to go to a youth bible study and continue with discipling.

On a sad note, I found out yesterday that my grandmother (dad's mum) passed away. In my last newsletter, I mentioned that grandfather (mum's dad) had passed away so it's not the same side of the family but anyway... it's been hard to be away from family and it was a blessing to have had seen my grandmother when Luke and I were in Sydney and her love for Jesus.

So for those who pray...
Praise God for the time of learning and fellowship in Arequipa at Spiritual Life Conference
Pray for my role as Short Term Coordinator and that the time I spent in Arequipa and the training I received in Korea will be able to help me do my job better
Praise God for the time that Luke and I spent getting to know each other's families and that he will continue to guide us
Pray that Luke and I will be able to settle back and get involved at El Redentor
Pray for my family

1 Comments:

Blogger Princess J said...

Thank you for sharing with us.. its always hard when a family member passes away and its exciting your grandmother was a Christian butit doesn't make it easier or less painful.. praying for you and the family...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:33:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home